At Carfume we take the privacy and security of personal data very seriously. We want to ensure you are fully informed about your rights and how we will use your personal data. We will also detail which legal basis allows us to use the personal data that we have collected.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties (for example, Twitter). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may review and update this Policy from time to time in order to ensure that it properly reflects our use of your personal data so please check regularly for any updates. The date this Policy was last updated can be found at the top of this page. We may also advise you of any amendments to this Policy by email. If you have any further questions after reading this Policy then please get in contact with us by email at email@example.com.
- How do we use your personal data?
- What is our legal basis for using your personal data?
- When do we share your personal data with third parties?
- How is your personal data protected?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights?
- Complaints and queries
- When do we collect your personal data?
- Complaints and queries
- Contact details
1. When do we collect your personal data?
- you visit our website and fill in any of the available enquiry forms;
- you engage with our services and submit contractual documents;
- you engage with us on social media;
- you contact us by email with queries, complaints, etc.;
- you create an online account with us;
- you give a third party permission to share personal data with us that they hold about you
- we collect information from publicly available sources, such as companies house;
- information has been made public as a matter of law.
2. What personal data do we collect?
- contact information (such as email address, telephone number and both personal and correspondence addresses);
- details of conversations, requests for information and documents supplied to us during the course of discussions;
- payment card information. This is not stored on our systems and is used at the point of payment only.
3. How do we use your personal data?
- We will use your personal data to process any enquiries submitted via our website, on social media, by email, or over the telephone. We will also process your personal data when you book an appointment with us.
- We will process your personal data for day to day business operations, such as sending you’re an order. Your personal data will be processed when you engage with our services or process payments.
- We also use your personal data to enable us to contact you, respond to any queries, complaints or comments that you have and to make sure that these are appropriately dealt with.
- We will use your contact information to send you marketing where you have signed up to receive marketing from us or where we are able to lawfully market to you without requiring your express consent.
- For instance, we will send you marketing to: (1) Update you on a recent sale event or (2) Update you on new Carfume products.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing at any time by either following the instructions to unsubscribe in any of our marketing communications. It may take up to 7 days for your change in preference to take effect and the change will not affect any marketing communications which have already been scheduled to be sent to you during that time.
- If you wish to contact us to unsubscribe from receiving communications from us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you opt out of marketing, we will still need to send you communications by email from time to time such as those relating to your online account (if any). Please also note that if you opt out of marketing, we will retain your contact information in a suppression list. This ensures that we do not send you marketing communications again.
4. What is our legal basis for using your personal data?
5. When do we share your personal data with third parties?
Subject to the details set out below, we will not pass on your personal data to any third party without your consent.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
In some circumstances, we need to share personal data with third parties and this includes:
- where we are legally required to disclose the personal data. This includes sharing the personal data with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies in their legitimate interests, for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime;
- where we need to disclose the personal data for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, where this is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- disclosure is required to protect our interests, or someone else’s interests (for example, to prevent fraud);
- disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests (for example, if you are unwell at our premises, we may need to seek medical assistance);
- where you request details of a specific business and we need to advise our client of your interest;
- to any prospective purchaser of our business assets or organisation.
6. How is your personal data protected?
Carfume take the security of personal data very seriously and conduct regular reviews to ensure that the protection is adequate for the information that is stored.
We have taken the following steps internally in order to ensure that our systems adequately protect your personal data:
- we use an online business system that is password protected. It also uses SSL encryption technology;
- Carfume employees are fully trained in data protection and know their responsibilities in relation to securing your personal data;
- our systems and infrastructure ensure that only the relevant employees have access to your personal data. Personal data that is not relevant to their role is not accessible;
- our servers are protected with the latest firewalls and virus protection software.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
8. Your Rights
You have a number of rights in respect of your personal data and this Section explains a bit more about those rights that are applicable to what we do with your personal data and when you can exercise them. If you would like more information about any of your rights, please contact us on email@example.com.
Unless stated otherwise below, please allow us up to one month to process your request.
Opting out from receiving marketing
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing or communications from us, please send your request in writing to us by email or post on the contact details set out in Section 10 below.
Please allow us up to 7 calendar days to process your request and remove you from our mailing list. We will retain your information in a separate suppression list to ensure we do not accidentally contact you for marketing purposes again.
Accessing your personal data
We want you to fully understand and be comfortable with how we use your personal data. You can contact us at any time to ask whether we process any personal data about you. If we do hold or use your personal data in any way, you have the right to access that personal data. All we ask is that:
- you make your request to access in writing to the contact details below;
- you verify your identity; and
- you are fair and reasonable with how often you make this kind of request; otherwise we reserve the right to change an administration fee for dealing with such requests.
Please allow us up to one month from receipt of your request in order to provide a response. However, if your request is particularly complicated, we may need to extend our response time by a further month. If we anticipate that we need this longer period, we will let you know as soon as practicable and before our original response time expires.
Requesting more information
We hope that you can understand that it is very difficult to cover all the possible ways in which we collect and use personal data. We have tried to be as clear and as open as we can and will continue to update this Policy as our use of personal data develops. However, if you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, we will be happy to give you peace of mind by answering any questions or providing any additional information that we can. If you do have any specific questions, or need anything explaining, please get in touch on the contact details set out in Section 10 below.
You also have some additional rights that you may exercise as set out here. In each instance we may ask you to make your request in writing by email or post to the contact details set out in Section 10 below and provide verification of your identity.
- You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccuracy about you that we may hold, in which case we may ask you to verify the corrected information (for example, we may ask for a recent utility bill for proof of change of address).
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data. Please be aware that we can only comply with such a request if:
(a) your personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for (for example, we need your personal data to respond to a communication);
(b) the collection, storage or use of the personal data by us is prevented by law;
- You have the right to request that we restrict or refrain from processing your personal data:
(a) for the time it takes us to verify the accuracy of your personal data where you have disputed its accuracy;
(b) where the collection, storage or use of the personal data by us is unlawful but you decide not to ask for erasure;
(c) where, we no longer need your personal data but you need them for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim;
(d) for the time it takes to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground to continue to process your personal data, where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- You have the right to data portability in respect of personal data we have collected from you based on consent or for the reason of entering into a contract. If you exercise this right, we will transfer a copy of the information that you have provided to us at your request.
- You have the right to object to our use of your personal data:
(a) where we are using your personal data based on our legitimate interests, and where we do not have compelling overriding grounds to continue to use your personal data; or
(b) at any time, where we use your personal data to send you any type of direct marketing, in which case it will no longer be used for that purpose, but may be used for another lawful purpose.
9. Complaints and queries
We have high standards when it comes to collecting and using personal data. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive from you about our use of your personal data very seriously and request that you bring any issues to our attention.
Where you are communicating with us for the purpose of making a complaint, we will only use your personal data to handle, investigate and respond to the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. Where the complaint is about a member of our team, we may have to disclose your identity to whoever the complaint is about. You may let us know that you don’t want information that identifies you to be disclosed and we will try to respect your request; however, it may not be always possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
If you have any complaints or queries in relation to how we collect or use your personal data, please contact us using the details set out in Section 10 below.
If you are unhappy with how we handle your complaint or query, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to make a complaint directly.
Please visit www.ico.org.uk for details.
10. Contact Details
11. Klarna - In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.